to Stay Covid-Safe
The COVID-19 pandemic has forced salons and spas to adapt and continue to evolve their operations. To help our s partners reopen, we’ve extended price cuts and added new features to make it easier for salons to respond quickly to policy changes and get back online.
So what's new in the salon?
Well, you’ll probably notice a few changes inside the salon as we adjust, collectively, to the ‘new normal’. This could include changes to opening times, additional hygiene practices, social distancing measures with a limit on the number of people allowed in the salon at once. This will help to keep you and our salon partners safe, and we will continue to respond to government advice as it is provided.
Given these changes, booking treatments online is a good way to make sure you get an appointment. And, as ‘the salon’ is definitely top of a lot of to-do lists, we’re now taking bookings in advance – up to three months ahead, in fact. Why not book now?
Remember, appointments might be limited (and they’re in high demand). With Beautster, you can book up to three months in advance so you’ve got plenty of time to get organized. You can still reschedule if your plans change, just manage your appointment through our app.
We continue to work closely with the government on behalf of our salon partners to advise on health & safety measures to ensure salons are a safe space when you return, here's how you can help.
- Salons adhering to social distancing measures may limit the number of clients allowed inside the salon at once, or prevent clients turning up for walk-in appointments. Make sure to book ahead to guarantee an appointment.
- Wash and sanitize your hands often to prevent the spread of bacteria. Try to do this prior to arriving at the salon and once you're inside (if possible). Don't forget that 20-second washing rule for properly clean hands.
- If you're feeling unwell, have been ill recently, or have been in contact with anyone confirmed to have COVID-19, please do not attend any appointments. Don't worry, rescheduling is easy(even if you've pre-paid). You'll find a link to reschedule in your booking confirmation email or in 'My Bookings' on the app.
- Though reuniting with your stylist will be glorious, avoid hugging, shaking hands or any physical contact that's not necessary inside the salon. This, again, adheres to social distancing measures and prevents the potential spread of germs.
- We'd suggest taking a drink with you to your appointment (like a bottle of water or a coffee from somewhere nearby), to avoid using the salon's cups.
- Pay for your treatment in advance (when booking), so that you and your stylist will not have to handle cash in the salon. Contactless card payments are another way to minimize, well, contact.
- If you've been advised to wear a mask then please do so. You may notice our salon partners wearing masks more frequently for their own protection and yours.
- Salon partners may decide to leave their entrance doors open to avoid clients touching the handle (and spreading bacteria to other areas). If it's open when you arrive, just ask a team member if they'd like to keep it open.
Head to our hair and beauty community page for regular updates on how we’re responding to government guidance and continuing to support the industry.