Find & Book top massage therapeutic centres near you in Canada
Who doesn’t like a massage? Everyone does. Be a professional athlete or just a man with a regular 9 to 5 job or a crazy billionaire, a good massage therapy will give you ultimate satisfaction and a sense of relaxation. It will have major health benefits on your body regardless of your level of fitness. Massages have proven to enhance the performance of one’s body, improving his conditioning and leading to faster recovery. It also improves your body’s injury prevention mechanism by making the muscles stronger and more flexible.
What is Therapeutic Massage?
“Therapeutic? Mann that is gonna hurt bad. I don’t need any therapy “. This is exactly what you might have thought when you first heard about this massage. But to your surprise, it is completely opposite to what you are thinking. A Therapeutic massage is a very general term for all types of massages. This category of massage will tend to concentrate more on the specific effected areas like a frozen shoulder, or back. In a therapeutic massage session, the professional therapist will know exactly what is wrong and how it can be relieved. He can use different massage styles and different amounts of pressure which, according to him, will be most effective for your case.
Such an advanced technique will tend to loosen the muscles around the affected area and try to increase blood flow here. More blood will bring in more nutrients to the affected are enhancing the rate of recovery and motion.
What are the benefits of therapeutic massage?
Therapeutic massage can be assumed to be a mixture of both relaxation massage and a remedial massage. Such a massage will:
- Improve the circulation of blood in every part of the body
- Reduce pain and fatigue
- Eliminate all the toxic waste resting in the muscles
- Improve flexibility
- Relax you and reduces stress
- Improves sleep
- Helps with swelling post-injury and post-surgery
- Alleviate pain, anxiety, and depression
How much does a therapeutic massage session cost in Canada?
A typical therapeutic massage session would cost you anywhere between $50 to $125 depending on the type of massage, duration, hygiene, and a ton of other factors.
If you live anywhere near Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary & Edmonton, well you are extremely lucky. Beauster.com will acquaint you with some of the best salons near you. These salons offer the best, hygienic, and an extremely relaxing massage session you would have ever experienced. The Massage therapeutic center here has professionals who have been through some intense training to give you a very delicate yet soothing and relaxing therapeutic massage.
What are the different types of therapeutic massage?
There are a few different types of therapeutic massage you can choose from based on the pain and the area of pain you want to relive and be relaxed with:
- Neuromuscular massage: when there is a strain in certain muscles, applying gentle, manual pressure friction can relieve great pain and provide relief and relaxation.
- Myofascial massage: Myofascial is a type of connective tissue. A myofascial massage provides a very soft, delicate, and hands-on technique to eliminate pain and restore and increase the range of motion.
- Trigger point therapy: The therapist recognizes the trigger points and will try to rub, press, and massage around this area to relieve you from the pain.
- Sports massage: This type of massage is for athletes. This massage helps the athletes condition their body muscles and provide relief from the intense exercise or a match.
Besides, many therapists will use a mixture of these massage types to make sure you get a relaxing experience.
How is Therapeutique Massage different from a Swedish Massage?
Swedish massage is a very delicate massage style and works only on the upper topmost part of the skin. While a Therapeutic massage works more on the inner, deeper muscles. Though there are many similarities between the two, we can assume Swedish massage to be a probable part of the therapeutic massage as the therapist decides what kind of massage will be effective for your case.
How much to tip for a therapeutic massage?
Customers have been seen to tip about an average of 20% of their therapy fee but if the masseuse is travelling for you, you might consider tipping him more. If you really like the massage and the masseuse’s service, tipping him higher than usual will make him happy and he would want to come back if you ever book another session from them.